Thursday, August 13, 2015

sziasztok barátaim

 the whits and I

15 June 2015

well, I forgot my planner today so I might not remember everything I needed to write about but I guess if I don't remember everything I'll write it next week.
Anyhow,
last week. 

We had a couple of good programs. One of them was a program with a man named Laci and his wife. Laci owns an órás shop, or clock shop. He had a friend give him an angol óra flyer and was interested so he called us. We met with him to practice english. He is super legit. Him, his wife and son lived in hawaii for a couple of months basically just scuba diving and surfing all day. He is a scuba diver and has been all over the world scuba diving. Their house is super pretty. They have it all decorated in  stuff they collected from their travels, like tikis and these cool masks from New Guinea and budas from vietnam. And they have a stuffed shark on their wall too. Basically they are just super cool. His wife made us delicious palacsintas and we just talked in their little garden back yard. It was really nice. We are going to meet with him and his son the end of this week to help his son prepare for his english exams. Its interesting here in hungary they are required to learn another language and have to pass an exam proving they are proficient in it. Most everyone learns either english or german. 
We had another program on tuesday with a man named János. He is some sort of professor at one of the universities here. He is super smart and most of the time I had no clue what they were talking about. But we were trying to teach him the restoration and he kept getting off track. So I was kind of fed up with him diverting to random topics and driving away the spirit so I just jumped right in and started talking about joseph smith. It was really interesting becasue I have been feeling like my language is being stumped right now and when I try to say stuff it doesn't come out right but as I started talking with him I was able to say everything I wanted to and I bore testimony super strong to him. I know that it wasn't my abilities that let me say what I needed to but it was the spirit. I am so so grateful for the spirit in my life. I honestly don't know what I would do without it. I know that of myself I am nothing but it is the spirit that allows me to be the missionary I need to be.
We met with a sweet néni on a park bench on friday. She was super sweet. Sister Whitaker met her when we were tableing and gave her a book of mormon and set up to meet with her on the same bench so we met with her and she LOVED the book of mormon. She said when she read it she felt peace and was interested to see what would happen with the nefi people. As we were talking to her there were these creepy drunk guys though that kept inturrupting. It was super annoying. The worst though was when one of them came over and he started to stroke whitaker's leg and the néni freaked out and started yelling at him that it is not allowed and he was just like, its pleasing to me and she told him to leave and then they just sort of stayed on their own bench drinking. So many drunks here.
We met this adorable couple as we were chalking. I was drawing the plan of salvation and they came over and sat on a bench nearby and were watching and listening to elder swink play the uke. Then they came over to me and asked, in english, if they could help me draw. So I told them they could draw a sun a moon and a star for me. They started to draw and a little bit after I went over and started talking to them. They are students here and the girl is studying art too. We talked with them for a good half hour and then got their number and they want to meet to practice english. They are super cool and an adorable couple. I am stoked to meet with them.

So on saturday we met with the Márkék. Márk is an 12 year old member that he is the only member in his family. We teach his family, including his mom, grandma, two little sisters and little brother. The little girls are a-dorable. They are so so cute. We hadn't even been in their house for two minutes and they were already climbing all over our laps and playing with my earrings and showing me their book of mormons. They are just adorable. Their mother isn't married and they live with her pár but he isn't interested in the church or listening to the lessons. I am super excited to teach them.
where we email
Whittaker and me
well, I can't remember too much more. next week I'll have to write more. But I am loving it here in Szeged. We go up to Budapest tomorrow for zone conference, our last one with President Smith. And then after zone conference we are going on splits to Debrecen, with sister sellers, my "mother". So that will be fun. I love you all and hope you have a good week!
sok szeretettel,
heath nővér

the funniest statue ever

Sister Whitaker getting a drink from a fountain that tasted like hot eggs
Sister Whitaker is from south dakota. 
She was adopted from china. She was found on a park bench in shanghai and then came to america
cherry picking


cute chocolates we got to wish elder nichols a happy birthday
mothers dancing in the belváros with their babies
my cute comps eating fried rice I made for them outside the window

last week at the taj mahal

No comments:

Post a Comment